A frequency converter (inventory) is a device that converts the current (voltage) of one frequency into the current (voltage) of another frequency.
The frequency converter consists of:
- power part: made on thyristors or transistors operating in the electronic key mode;
- control part: made on digital processors and provides power electronic key management, as well as monitoring, diagnostics and protection.
Frequency converters are usually used to smoothly control the speed of rotation of a DC motor, an induction motor or a synchronous motor. Speed regulation is carried out by creating at the output of the converter an electric voltage (current) of a given frequency. In the simplest cases, scalar control is used, and in more advanced cases, vector control.
The frequency converter can be controlled with the built-in remote digital control panel, or using external signals. In the case of regulation using external signals, the rotation speed is set by an analog signal 0-10 V or 4-20 mA, in turn, the start, stop and change rotation modes are given by discrete signals.
In most frequency converters, it is possible to control via a serial interface (RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485) or from an external PLC (programmable logic controller) using a special protocol (Profibus, Interbus, Device-net, Modbus, etc. .).
An adjustable electric drive or a variable frequency drive consists of an electric motor and an inverter (frequency converter), which acts as a regulator of the rotation speed of the electric motor.
The use of a frequency converter (inverter) provides:
- change of rotation speed in technological processes;
- synchronous control of several electric motors from one frequency converter;
- the creation of closed drive systems with the ability to accurately maintain the specified process parameters;
- the ability to replace mechanical speed control systems with automatic ones;
- increase the reliability and durability of the equipment;
- greater accuracy in regulating the speed of movement, the optimal parameters of the quality of regulation in the composition of - mechanisms operating with a constant load moment (conveyors, rocker mechanisms, woodworking and metalworking machines).
EURO-CONTRACT LLC provides its customers with the opportunity to purchase frequency converters of the following manufacturers (brands):
- Gama Novi Motors / GAMA MOTORS
Series: TC2000REV, KEMEK, KEMPOH, KEMPOC, KEMTOK, KEMTOP, SA12, SA30;
- OOD "ARTEH" / ArtTech
Series: MDC2, MDC208, SDC, SAC1;
- SD “ELL - Danev, Bozhilov s-sie” / SD “ELL-DANEV, BOZHILOV”
Series: ELL 4XXX-XXXX-XX, ELL 12XXX / XXX, ELL 13XXX / XXX, ELL 14XXX / XXX-XX;
Series: DC4QR-D, DC4QR;
- TWERD Power Electronics Ltd.
Series: AFC 200, MFC 710, MFC 710 / 500V, MFC 710 / 690V, MFC 810, MFC 710 / AcR;
- Electroinvent Ltd
Series: ELAS – DA2, ELAS – DB2, ELAS – DC2, ELAS – DB4, ELAS – DC4, ELDI – M, ELDI – A, ELDI – B, ELDI – DF, ELDI – D, ELDI / V – A, ELDI / V – B, ELDI / V – D, ELDI / V – DF.